943 F*!k Buttons - Tarot Sport (2009)

 943 F*!k Buttons - Tarot Sport (2009)

Studio album - Electronic/Noise rock




About the Act:

F*!k Buttons (my edit) are an electronic music duo from Bristol, England.  They mat at art college and started by creating a soundtrack for a film one of them created. They have created three studio albums to date and have been active since 2004.


About the Album:

This is the second album from the duo.


My History with this Album:

None


Review:

So there are no words in this music, which is mostly electronic music, reminiscent (to me) of 90s electronic music like Bentley Rhythm Ace and Aphex Twin. It's mostly, but not all, somewhat dancy, with a dance beat you can dance to.  There are two things that make it somewhat interesting, one is that it is not all dance-type rhythms, and there is some use of almost military snare for grooves. The second is the prevalent use of noise and non-musical sounds in the mix. Actually I would say it is quite a good balance between the musical and the noise, and at times I found it quite infectious.  I don't have many criticisms, but the two I have are fairly serious. The first is that it doesn't always move on with new elements as often as I would expect, so that it tends to stagnate. The second is that there is not a great deal that I found to be particularly interesting or different from other things I have heard - well apart from the sometimes unusual beats that is.


6.5/10


Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/7tilRUU7WANATJdxhMO3p8

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jn5qrq-TLXU

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarot_Sport


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

840 Various Artists - The Best of Girl Groups Volumes 1 and 2 (1990)

944 Manu Chao - Próxima Estación Esperanza (2001)

591 Harry Smith, Ed. - Anthology of American Folk Music (1952)