894 Arctic Monkeys - AM (2013)

 894 Arctic Monkeys - AM (2013)

Studio album - Rock





About the Act:

Arctic Monkeys are a rock band from Sheffield, UK, founded in 2002. They have lost one member along the way and gained a replacement, but that was before their first album so hardly counts. They became one of the first bands to successfully market themselves through the internet, and have had quite a lot of success. 


About the Album:

This was their fifth album, and brought them international success.


My History with this Album:

None


Review:

Most of the songs can be best described with a sound, a guttural, sexy "Heurgh" sound. Those songs are rock with an attitude, reminding me (and probably only me) of Led Zeppelin. The other tracks are more gentle and contemplative. I prefer the "Heurgh" tracks. The playing is great, and ballsy. The songs are mostly quick wins, the tunes are fairly memorable. The lyrics are measured and at times memorable, including some lifted from a John Cooper Clarke poem. The singing is... well I wouldn't say it was technical in the way that say, Celine Dion is, but it's good, nuanced, there is a real quality to his voice that sells the whole thing really well. 

I've put lots of praise in there. I don't think I have a lot more to say, apart from maybe "Heurgh". I really liked it, I'm going to get a copy. 


7.9/10


Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/78bpIziExqiI9qztvNFlQu

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLOkPWZS9Q7ECOreiaeGJZ_dA8KlCtsvHN

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AM_(Arctic_Monkeys_album)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

840 Various Artists - The Best of Girl Groups Volumes 1 and 2 (1990)

944 Manu Chao - Próxima Estación Esperanza (2001)

591 Harry Smith, Ed. - Anthology of American Folk Music (1952)