824 Manix - Living in the Past (2013)

 824 Manix - Living in the Past (2013)

Studio Album - Jungle Rave




About the Act:

Manix is the alias of a solo project by Marc Clair from 4 Hero. I think he might be from London.


About the Album:

This was the first album from Manix


My History with this Album:

None


Review:

Well I have not found a lot of information about this album. I thought it was 90s rave music, but it turns out it was made in 2013 - to sound like 90s rave music. It has fast beats (sounds like sped-up drum break samples) and chords and a few other things thrown in. It has suffered, possibly by being straight after the Chemical Brothers which I enjoyed immensely. I found this dull. Loud, fast and pointless, with very little to it apart from regurgitating the syncopated piano or synth chords of 1992. Despite it's energy I actually fell asleep listening to it.

4/10 


Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2ffzDpla2bbc02h4ASeutu

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcrLiJ8PwTA




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

840 Various Artists - The Best of Girl Groups Volumes 1 and 2 (1990)

944 Manu Chao - Próxima Estación Esperanza (2001)

591 Harry Smith, Ed. - Anthology of American Folk Music (1952)