799 The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace (1985)

 799 The Fall - This Nation's Saving Grace (1985)

Studio Album - Post Punk



About the Act:

1976 to 2018 were the active years for this Post Punk band from Manchester, fronted by Mark E Smith and critically acclaimed. They had many line-up changes with Mark being the constant. They created 31 studio albums in that time.


About the Album:

This was the band's 8th studio album, and came after some personnel changes. It is hailed as a classic, as their most accessible and mainstream album.


My History with this Album:

None


Review:

No, I have a limit. This is somewhere beyond that limit. It is out of tune, out of time, repetitive, discordant, and just bad. It is unpleasant to listen to and not in a good way. It's badly produced and - well I think at times there are snatches that are actually musical and listenable, and I know that at least one of them can actually play their instrument, as they were classically trained, but they give a really good impression of not being able to at times, presumably deliberately.

Apparently it's subversive, and maybe they were a cultural thing at the time. I feel like it is probably uncool to dislike this but I am beyond my cool years. I feel like the little boy pointing and laughing at a naked emperor. 

It made my skin itch, almost as much as Baby Shark. This was the closest  I have come yet to not listening through a whole album. I made it. Next.


4/10



Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/1SNgA0ZEtKk6dso6ctLJl5

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAntUkuwYENnTM_YtUT7JE4zDxZ5EWqiQ

Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Nation%27s_Saving_Grace



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

840 Various Artists - The Best of Girl Groups Volumes 1 and 2 (1990)

944 Manu Chao - Próxima Estación Esperanza (2001)

591 Harry Smith, Ed. - Anthology of American Folk Music (1952)